Petition for K-1 Fiancé (I-129F)

The K3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. … K3 visa recipients subsequently apply to adjust status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) upon approval of the petition.

I-129FPetition for Alien Fiancé(e) Use this to petition to bring your fiancé(e) (K1) and their children (K-2) to the U.S. so you may marry your fiancé(e), or to bring your spouse (K-3) and their children (K-4) to the U.S. to apply for lawful permanent resident status.

K1 Fiance Visas are generally preferred (over the Marriage Visa and K3 Marriage Visa) as the visa of choice for engaged international couples as they are considered the easiest, quickest, and least expensive route.

Although K3 visa holders may apply for employment authorization upon arrival to the United States, they are not eligible to work until they receive approval of the work permit application, which typically takes about four months.

Translate »