Are you planning on becoming a U.S Citizen? Are you able to pay the immigration fee of $680.00?
If not, that doesn’t disqualify you from applying for citizenship, however the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services realizes that some individuals are not able to pay the fees. So they have created form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver. When requesting to get the fee waived, you must demonstrate that you are unable to pay the fees. Then it it up to the immigration officer to see is you qualify.
The following are the forms which fees can be waived,
- Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
- Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Non immigrant
- Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence for Adjust Status (only certain categories)
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (only certain categories)
- Form I-751, Petition to Remove Condition on Residence
- Form I-817, Application for Family Unity Benefits
- Form N-300, Application to file Declaration of Intention
- Form N-336, Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Procedures Under Section 336
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Form N-470, Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purpose
- Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
- Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance Under Section 322
For further assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line being Fee Waiver or use the sidebar and email us requesting further information. An Immigration Assistant from our office will get back to you as soon as possible.